How to install WordPress on free server
As you may have noticed, Softaculous on free server doesn't have WordPress. Then how do you install it? Here it is.
- Obtain WordPress from here and upload it to your hosting account. (Make sure you're uploading to public_html directory.)
- Open CWP's online file manager and go to public_html folder.
- Beside WordPress' ZIP file, click decompress from actions menu and click "Decompress File".
- Once extracted, move all contents of "wordpress" directory back to public_html folder. (Don't forget to remove "wordpress" folder and WordPress' ZIP file once you done moving.)
- Close online file manager, and go to Databases > MySQL Manager from sidebar.
- Click "Add Database".
- Name the database with anything you want.
- In "Select or create a new user", select "Create a new user".
- Name the user with anything you want, and Write down your database name, username, and password somewhere safe.
- In "Permissions for the user" section, open "Privileges" and check the checkbox in "structure" to grant all user permissions to the database.
- Click Save.
- Go back to Online file manager, rename wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php, and edit it.
- Insert your database credentials to MySQL Settings section.
- Go to Autentication unique keys and salts section, open new tab, open this link, copy all of it's contents, and paste it to that section, replacing default values.
define('FS_METHOD', 'direct');to the bottom of wp-config.php file, to make sure you're not asked for FTP credentials everytime you're updating WordPress or installing plugin/theme.
- Save and close the file, and close online file manager.
- Open your website and complete installation through web interface.